Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Update..



So I am preparing to teach 3rd grade. I am very excited about teaching. Teaching is something that is in my family. It's  hereditary, my mother, aunts, uncles, sister, etc all teachers. I feel that this is something I have been groomed to do.  I remember being about 8 or 9 and having my own peer tutoring group in reading.  I was responsible for covering a certain amount of material per day just like a teacher would be. Later on, when my friends and I were getting together for play dates, we would play school.  We had all sorts of supplies, stickers, and plenty of chalk!

Well, now that I have reached the important milestone in my life of becoming a teacher, I am completely nervous about taking the next step.  I am going to be responsible for their education.  It is nerve-wracking, but I will accept this challenge along with the other challenges I have presented myself with along the way.

With this new classroom comes decorating, this is a very important part of preparing for my students.  So I have picked out a beautiful sky blue color to paint one wall.  That wall will have a mural on it.  I have picked one out from a picture from one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books, "The Lorax."

Enjoy the picture, this is what I am painting in my classroom.

1 comment:

Sylvia Grace said...

Aww, Layla! I think that mural will be adorable! Oh, I'm loving the new post in general...keep it up! Luv ya!